Studying in Ireland
What is it like to study in Ireland?
Ireland is a popular destination for international students and offers a high level of education that is recognised throughout the world, combining a fantastic higher education experience with historical cities, beautiful scenery and a unique heritage. Ireland is located on the west coast of Europe and is a member of the European Union.
Reasons to study in Ireland
- Irish universities operate the Free Fees Initiative for EU students, enabling those who meet the criteria to avoid paying tuition fees
- Join 35,000 other international students from over 160 countries
- The only English speaking country in the Eurozone
- Irish universities are in the top 1% of research institutions in global research impact
- Home to companies such as Google, Medtronics and Microsoft
- Dublin has been voted by Lonely Planet as the world’s friendliest city on multiple occasions
Tuition fees in Ireland
Free Fees Initiative
The Free Fees Initiative in Ireland will see your tuition fees paid to the university by Ireland’s Higher Education Authority. To qualify for the Free Fees scheme you must meet the following criteria:
- You have lived in the EU for at least three of the previous five years
- You are enrolling on your first undergraduate course
- Your course lasts at least two-years and is full-time
More information can be found on the Student Finance Ireland website.
Irish student visa requirements
International students must apply for a visa to enter Ireland before they travel. Students will be required to have accepted an offer of a recognised programme of study in Ireland and to have a receipt of payment letter from their institution before they can begin the process of applying for their overseas visa to study in Ireland.
If you need help applying for a student visa, our experienced visa consultants have extensive knowledge of the latest immigration legislation, rules and regulations. Learn more about SI-UK's Student Visa Service.
Ireland University Rankings 2018
- Trinity College Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- University College Dublin
- University College Cork
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- University of Limerick
- Dublin Institute of Technology
Study at an Irish university
If you are interested in studying at an Irish university, arrange your free consultation in Nicosia, Cyprus today.